We present to you the basic rules that must be met in order for you to be able to open National and Local Societys in your countries. These are general principles that we will detail together so that the Societys can operate efficiently in every corner of the world for the benefit of people and the satisfaction of SMM IHRC volunteers.
SMM IHRC National Society
Principles of establishing and running
I. Establishing of the SMM IHRC National Society.
1. The founding of a National Society requires the written approval of the Secretary General in consultation with the IHRC Supervisory Board.
2. A founding committee consisting of at least 15 members of the national SMM IHRC or a National Leader with 10 members may apply to the Secretary General of the IHRC for approval to establish a National Society. In the absence of sufficient volunteers in the SMM IHRC national network, the Secretary General of the IHRC may agree to other terms.
3. The statutes are drawn up by the founding group. Before being submitted for registration, a certified version must be submitted in English for the approval of the Secretary General in writing.
4. The statutes must specify the function of the Society’s "Honorary Secretary General" which is performed by the Secretary General of the IHRC.
5. The costs of registering the National Society shall be borne entirely by the founding committee.
6. Upon taking the actions specified in point I.2, the Committee is obliged to, by its own efforts and at its expense, register and carry out the registration of the logo and name of the IHRC in its country on behalf of HQ. The registration MUST include:
6.1. Owner: International Human Rights Commission
6.2. Address: Loretanske namesti 109/3 118 00 Prague Czech Republic
6.3. ID 05967023
7. The Committee is required to report to the IHRC Secretary General on the progress of the registration procedure, also by forwarding to HQ a copy of the full correspondence with the National Society registration offices.
8. Upon the official registration of the National Society, copies of the registration documents, together with any possible translation into English, must be immediately forwarded to HQ IHRC.
II. Running the activities of the National Socienty of SMM IHRC
1. The National Society operates in accordance with its statute and regulations.
2. The National Society has the right to use the dedicated IHRC logo.
3. Under a separate agreement, the National Society is authorized to represent the interests of the IHRC and SMM IHRC in the country of operation.
4. Persons who are not members of the SMM IHRC Volunteer Service may also belong to the National Society, but may not perform any functions in them.
5. The National Society is obliged to submit to HQ reports on activities, copies of resolutions and reports on external activities, as well as a quarterly updated list of members with the date of their accession.
6. The National Society is responsible for submitting to HQ membership fees on the IHRC bank Account for its members and from Local Society in the amount of:
6.1. USD 1.- (one) for each member of the National Society for each full month of membership.
6.2. This fee applies to the first 50 members. If the number of members exceeds this number, the monthly fee is a flat rate of USD 50,- (fifty)
6.3. USD 0.50 (fifty cents) for each Local Society member for each full month of membership.
6.4. If a specific Local Society has more than 20 members, the lump sum fee per Society is USD 10,-
6.5. The contributions of members who are both in the National Society and in the Local Society shall be calculated according to the rules applicable to the National Society.
III. Local Society of SMM IHRC
1. The National Society has the right to establish Local Society in the country in which it operates.
2. As far as legally permitted, the National Society shall belong to the founding group of Local Societies.
3. The principles of establishing and operating as well as the statutes and regulations of Local Society must be consistent with the principles, statutes and regulations of the National Society.
4. The Local Society has the right to use its logo and the names IHRC and SMM IHRC
5. Local Society may also include individuals who are not members of SMM IHRC Volunteering, but may not hold any functions within them.
6. Members of Local Society may be members of the National Society.
7. The Local Society is obliged to submit to the National Society, with a copy to HQ, reports on activities, copies of resolutions and reports on external activities, as well as a quarterly current list of members along with the date of their accession.
8. The National Society has the right to collect membership fees from its Local Society